Monday 15 January 2018

The Red Pill

The Red Pill




I chose the red pill my picture is larger,
but being a rebel makes life that much harder.


It all feels so real, and reality ain't easy,
so sometime I felt a little bit queasy.

I longed for freedom so I sought out the truth,
that brought out bad feelings and all hell broke loose.


I swallowed it whole, I jumped in head first,
really paid the toll, went from bad through to worse.

It dug up these issues and a pile of regrets,
like why on Earth did you ever try to forget?


It felt like an itch saying "Something is wrong,
there's more to life than this." The drive was so strong.

I felt like a martyr, I was ready to die,
to find the answers to the meaning of life.

The feeling over rid me, my mind had been set,
the child inside me said "Never forget".


I could not ignore what was in front of my eyes,
if there was a door, I would open it wide.

I was really hurting, I nearly broke down,
so I spent my life searching, then one day I found.


It was a choice to be spoon fed, their blueberry fool,
so I chose to see red, and to cut out the bull.

It all felt too bleak, and a little too cold,
then I saw how deep, the rabbit hole goes.


This voice in my ear said do not play dumb,
there is nothing to fear because we are one.

It felt like I was bugged, the feeling wouldn't leave,
it said hey you, wake up and stop being naive.

Kept hearing this echo, it said "If you want to be free,
then first you must let go and surrender to me".

Do you know why I chose it? 'Cause deep down I knew,
that once you expose it, there's nothing else to do.
 

Strange that's the same reason that people resist,
'cause they don't like the feeling to simply exist.

You'll hear them grunting 'cause you threaten their biz,
they want to 'be' something, they're not happy as is.

Although you don't want it, it's ironic but true,
you end up in conflict, 'cause deep down they know too.


But they're not contented, to quite simply live,
and put time on halt, but you have to forgive.

Still I often felt different, and kept laying the blame,
kept asking why isn't everybody the same?


I felt so much joy that I wanted to share,
I asked them to join me, but they just weren't prepared.


I felt agitated, I just couldn't wait,
I finally got naked, it was kinda like fait.


I dis guarded the doubt and I did it alone, 
then I chose to step out of my comfort zone.

I tried my luck and stopped counting the costs,
when I finally gave up I saw nothing was lost.

I listened to that voice, though it wasn't a must,
but when I made that choice, I felt an energy rush.


As soon as it happened, ever since that hour,
I've felt so much passion, I've felt so much power.

My heart chakra exploded, & I gained a third eye,
as soon as I eroded that mountain of lies.


I couldn't be ignorant, the idea was insane,
that made me feel different, but I was really the same.

I trusted you see, and here's what I discovered,
it wasn't just me, there were 1000's of others.


It all felt so numb being taken for a ride,
you know if you're one by that feeling inside.

Did I do the wrong thing is what I sometimes ask?
No! That's what I wanted, to take off the mask!


It's been a roller coaster, yeah it has been quite fun,
but the game isn't over, it's barely begun.

I don't want a medal or a pile of wealth,
'cause when I chose the red pill, I did it for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment